Photo Essay: Seeing the Nation’s Capital with Milwaukee Eyes
Images from Washington DC as Veterans from Milwaukee toured the city during the week of November 7 to 11.
The ongoing political turmoil surrounding the administration of the 45th President has had direct impact on the lives of many Milwaukee residents, particularly the city’s large hispanic community. While the capital city seems far away and its mention is usually reduced to headlines, these images offer a ground level look at familiar historic sites. The photographs were taken over the course of several days during the Veterans Day Memorial Week, as part of former Army Combat Medic George Banda’s memorial trip, in between events that honored those who served in the Nation’s military.
- Lynn Novick: A discussion about her Vietnam War film on Veterans Day
- The irony of visiting heroes at Arlington, the former home of a national traitor
- Photo Essay: Seeing the Nation’s Capital with Milwaukee Eyes
- George Banda: Honoring lost friends in vigil to Vietnam veterans at The Wall
- Maya Lin: Ceremony marks 35th anniversary of Vietnam Memorial’s healing power