Public invited to walk historic Concordia area with city officials
Alderman Robert Bauman will join Mayor Tom Barrett in a neighborhood walk.
The event will serve as a preview of the upcoming Historic Concordia Tour of Homes, a visible deterrent to neighborhood crime, and an opportunity to promote exercise and healthy lifestyle choices.
“The Historic Concordia Neighborhood is one of the most unique and diverse neighborhoods in the city,” Alderman Bauman said. “Sunday’s walk with the Mayor is an excellent opportunity to get a sneak peek at what the neighborhood association has in store for its annual tour of homes, which is a wonderful celebration of everything that makes Concordia a great place to call home.”
The Alderman and the Mayor invite residents to take part in the one-mile walk at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 12 starting at 2743 W. State St. The walk is one of the first in the Mayor’s “Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days” initiative, which urges Milwaukeeans to lead a more active lifestyle and implement physical activity into their daily routines.
The Tour of Homes event is scheduled for Saturday, June 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and includes a dozen historic properties starting at the Tripoli Shrine, 3000 W. Wisconsin Ave. Other features include a beer tasting, a neighborhood artist and a silent auction. More information is available at hcni.org.
Visit milwaukee.gov/Walk100 for more details on the “Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days” program, to register and to track your progress. A list of scheduled walks can also be found on the website.
- Health and Community Engagement: Mayor Tom Barrett hosts last Walk 100 event of sixth season
- Bronzeville community joins Mayor’s 100 day walking challenge for a healthier neighborhood
- Mayor Tom Barrett kicks off Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge for a healthier 2019
- Walk 100 Miles program ends its fifth season of exercise and community exploration
- Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days kicks off with journey along photos and sculptures
- Community walk with Mayor Barrett explores murals in Silver City neighborhood
- Photo Essay: Healthy living celebrated at last Mayor’s Walk 100 of 2017
- Photo Essay: Mayor Barrett’s 100 Day walking challenge concludes
- Mayor Barrett walks with Streetcar workers along Milwaukee’s transit future
- Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge 2017 to encourage active living
- On Walking in Milwaukee: For Health & Safety, Exploration & Revolutionary Art
- On Walking Intently: Mushroom Hunting and Jane’s Walk MKE
- Westown Neighborhood joins Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Public invited to walk historic Concordia area with city officials
- Mayor Tom Barrett kicks-off 2016 walking initiative