Photo Essay: AMKE celebrates all things Japanese
These images are highlights from the 2018 Anime Milwaukee, known by its acronym AMKE, the three-day convention dedicated to the anime and gaming communities.
Held from February 16 to 18 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel and Wisconsin Convention Center in downtown Milwaukee, the 11th annual event was expected to bring $3.8 million to the Downtown economy.
With a focus on Japanese culture and art, the festivities featured programs and activities that ran 24 hours a day. Those included costume play – or Cosplay, combat chess, Masquerade Charity Ball, Manga graphic novel library, events for children, Maid Café, the Nocturnal Underground Rave music venue, and a full line-up of special guests.
- “Kawaii culture” of Anime brings $3.8M economic impact to Milwaukee
- Anime convention does more to desegregate Milwaukee in a weekend than nonprofits do all year
- Photo Essay: AMKE celebrates all things Japanese
- Photo Essay: The eye candy and edible snacks of Anime merchandising
- TeddyLoid: Japanese musician talks music, manga, and Milwaukee
- Photo Essay: DJs spin Anime tracks at Nocturnal Underground dance party
- 360° Video: TeddyLoid remixes the Rave at Anime MKE