Volunteers invited to join NEWaukee for a Season of Giving
From November 12 through December, the Milwaukee public will have several opportunities to help out local nonprofits and community organizations during the holidays.
NEWaukee will be hosting a supply drive for Season of Giving in conjunction with the November 16th Social. Needed supplies include gently used ornaments and craft supplies to decorate them. Volunteers who participate in Season of Giving will receive a drink ticket good at any NEWaukee event through March of 2018.
This year’s volunteer activity lineup features:
- Serving food for the St. Benedict the Moor Meal Program.
- Setting up the Christmas Store at Milwaukee Rescue Mission.
- Decorating the Shining Stars room for the holidays at Hope House.
- Ornament decorating at United Community Center.
- Sorting holiday boxes and toys for the annual Holiday Drive at House of Peace.
- Delivering gifts to the VA patients during Healing Warrior Hearts and Starfish Foundation‘s ‘Operation Gratitude’.
- Helping out with Feeding America‘s ‘Stuff the Bus’ campaign and sorting food at their Saturday Food Bank.
- Serving food at St. Vincent de Paul‘s south side and north side locations for their meal program.
In partnership with NEWaukee, Catholic Financial Life looks forward to Season of Giving in its effort to engage area young professionals in its time-honored tradition of service to others.
“Volunteerism is foundational at Catholic Financial Life among our members, home office associates, and field personnel. The Season of Giving opens the door for us to expand this commitment to the greater Milwaukee community at large,” said William O’Toole, president and CEO.
Season of Giving 2017 is presented by Catholic Financial Life and sponsored by Union Pacific.