The Havenwoods Economic Development Corporation, with support from NEWaukee, presents the inaugural Engine: A Conference for Makers & Manufacturers on October 2 – 7, 2016 in the Havenwoods neighborhood.
“This is a completely new approach to celebrating Wisconsin’s Manufacturing Month and an incredible showcase of the heart of Milwaukee’s manufacturing legacy,” said Angela Damiani, CEO & Co-Founder of NEWaukee.
The unique experience connects residents, employees and employers of the neighborhood to one another, the community’s greatest assets and the vast offering of the maker-to-manufacturer movement. The goal of Havenwoods Economic Development Corporation is to celebrate what is “Made in Havenwoods,” share best practices and innovative approaches to attracting the next generation of talented people to companies and to explore the ingenuity that has made Havenwoods an economic engine for all of Milwaukee.
“With global corporations in Havenwoods such as HellermannTyton, Brady Corporation, Direct Supply, Hentzen Coatings leading the way in technology, engineering, and manufacturing processes we are uniquely positioned to lead Milwaukee into the next decade of economic growth and job creation,” explained Stephanie Harling, Executive Director of Havenwoods Economic Development Corporation.
The inaugural Engine Conference will feature a series of programs including:
- Detour by Carr: Beyond the facade bus tour on October 2, 2016 from 10am – 1pm
- Doing it Differently: Attract the best talent by creating the best culture on October 3, 2016 from 11:30am – 1pm
- Campfire Chats: A crafter, maker & manufacturer walk into the forest… on October 5, 2016 from 6 – 8pm
- The Interview: A reverse job fair on October 6, 2016 from 6 – 8pm
- The Sampler: Milwaukee’s newest innovations in craft beer & manufacturing on October from 5:30 – 7:30pm