The logistics to vote in Milwaukee was made a bit easier by an offer from Bublr Bikes, with free 30-minute Bublr trips on Election Day. The unlimited service is aimed to help people get to the polls.
With 57 stations and nearly 512 bikes located around Milwaukee and Wauwatosa, Bublr Bikes is offering anyone free, convenient rides of up 30 minutes on Election Day, Nov. 8, to encourage voting.
“Bublr Bikes are a fast, simple and – this year – free way to get to neighborhood polling places on Election Day,” Acting Executive Director James Davies said. “We want to make it as easy as possible for people in Milwaukee to get out and vote.”
To get a free Bublr Bikes ride, users enter the code “1776” at any Bublr Bikes station. The code is valid for individual free rides of up to 30 minutes all day. A free ride ends when the Bublr is returned to a Bublr Bikes station. Individual rides over 30 minutes will cost $3 for each additional 30 minutes. Riders wanting to return from voting by Bublr can take additional individual rides under 30 minutes for free Tuesday using the “1776” code.
A credit card is required to check out a Bublr Bike with or without the code, although users won’t be charged Tuesday for rides under 30 minutes if they enter the code.
Thirteen of Bublr Bikes’ 57 stations are located within two blocks of a polling location. Other polling locations are also conveniently served by other Bublr Bikes stations.
View a complete list of Bublr Bikes stations.
- Charles Allis Art Museum – 1801 N. Prospect Ave
- Convent Hill Apartments – 455 E Ogden Av
- Frank P Zeidler Municipal Building – 841 N Broadway
- Central Library – Centennial Hall 733 N 8th St
- Marquette Alumni Memorial Union – 1442 W Wisconsin Av
- Hillside Family Resource Center – 1452 N 7th St
- Housing Authority Public Safety Building – 650 W Reservoir Av
- Bradley Tech High School – 700 S 4th St
- UWM Sandburg Hall – 3400 N Maryland Av
- Riverside High School – 1615 E Locust St
- Arlington Court Apartments – 1633 N Arlington Pl
- Red Arrow Park
- Central Library
- Marquette University Student Union
- Hillside Terrace
- UWM Sandburg Hall
- Riverside Park
- Fire Station #51 – 1601 Underwood Ave
- City Hall Lower Civic Center – 7725 W. North Ave
- Wauwatosa Library Firefly Room – 7635 W. North Ave
- Village South
- City Hall
- City Hall