Earthquake Mission in Türkiye:
Documenting the devastation with Türk Kizilay
Earthquake Mission in Türkiye: A massive earthquake struck Türkiye and Syria on February 6, leaving tens of thousands dead and millions homeless. Milwaukee Independent was invited by a team of American doctors and clergy to document conditions in the hardest hit parts of Türkiye a month later, embedded with the Turkish Red Crescent, Türk Kizilay. This special series offers a snapshot of the situation in Adiyaman and Antakya in images, with stories from first responders and survivors of the unfolding natural disaster. mkeind.com/earthquakemissionturkiye
Series: Earthquake Mission in Türkiye
- Earthquake Mission in Türkiye: Documenting vast devastation with the Turkish Red Crescent
- Displaced and Deserted: What remains of Adiyaman and Antakya after the February 6 disaster
- Türk Kizilay: Providing emergency relief to those affected by the Kahramanmaraş earthquake
- Refugees without a war: Surviving both a massive earthquake and its toxic trauma in Türkiye
- Thinking about the best way to help survivors in Türkiye when the unthinkable happens
- From Milwaukee to Istanbul: A visual diary from a city at the crossroads of Europe and Asia
Extended Coverage of conditions in Türkiye
Survivors struggle with shelter and sanitation a month after powerful earthquake in Türkiye and Syria
A little more than a month after a powerful quake devastated parts of Türkiye and Syria, hundreds of thousands of people still need adequate shelter and sanitation, and an appeal for $1 billion to assist survivors is only 10% funded, hampering efforts to tackle the...
The earthquake that struck Türkiye and Syria on February 6 was a devastating event that left millions of survivors struggling to cope with the traumatic aftermath. One month later, the Red Crescent warned of the urgent need for a sustainable response to the health needs of the public in order to prevent a second disaster.
Earthquake Mission in Türkiye: A massive earthquake struck Türkiye and Syria on February 6, leaving tens of thousands dead and millions homeless. Milwaukee Independent was invited by a team of American doctors and clergy to document conditions in the hardest hit parts...